Our journey begins with a drive from the town of Egilsstaðir along Lagarfljót (Monster Lake) and through Iceland’s largest forest, Hallormsstaður.
Before we begin our adventurous hike, we visit the Wilderness Center in peaceful Fljótsdalur Valley. We spend the remainder of the day hiking along magical landscapes with hidden waterfalls and remarkable geology left from the Ice Age.
As a special treat, we stop at Laugarfell where you can relax your tired muscles in the outdoor heated pools which are known by locals to have restorative powers.
20 June – 30 September
Other dates are available upon request.
|Minimum on the tour:
2 adults or minimum rate.
|Duration: 9 hrs.
Hike: 5-6 hrs.
|Trip difficulty: 3 out of 5 possible.
Click here for more information about difficulty levels.
If you want a private tour please contact us for more information.
You need to bring: Good hiking shoes, warm clothes, rain gear, a small backpack, drinks, and a packed lunch. Don‘t forget your swimsuit and towel for the natural pools.
● Reservation is necessary at least 24 hours in advance.
● If you need pick up service to your hotel please advise when you reserve the tour.
● If you need to be picked up outside of Egilsstaðir please advice, an additional charge may apply.
● Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
● Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
● For group offers or tailor-made options please send us a request.